We are a long-standing local charity – starting 35 years ago as a Rape Crisis service and expanding over the years to offer a range of prevention and support interventions to those affected by domestic abuse and other forms of interpersonal harm or discrimination
We work with all ages and genders. We are proud to say the quality of our work has been recognised at national and international level because of the outcomes we achieve and the feedback we get from our service-users. You can read about our publications here.
We support our service-users who may have additional needs, ‘Protected Characteristics’ or life experiences that can heighten risks of abuse, compound the impact of abuse, or create barriers to accessing support.
Our services are free of charge and we aim to engage with and be accessible to all of our local communities – providing support that meets diverse needs, reduces harm, supports recovery and helps rebuild lives.
Our objectives and values
- To help children, young people and adults at risk of and/or affected by interpersonal harm – in particular sexual and/or domestic abuse – through the provision of needs led services to include information, advocacy, education and therapeutic support
- To prioritise the safety and well-being of those at risk and/or affected by interpersonal harm
- To promote healthy interpersonal, sexual and social relationships
- To support recovery from trauma, improved mental health and emotional resilience
- To provide inclusive services that value diversity, are accessible and meet the differing needs of people at risk of and/or affected by interpersonal harm
- To work towards the prevention of interpersonal harm caused by sexual and domestic abuse, sexual exploitation of and discrimination against those with protected characteristics through the delivery of services by Yellow Door and collaborative working with other organisations
Proud winners of the GSK IMPACT Award 2020
Yellow Door is proud to say we have received a GSK IMPACT AWARD 2020 – a major national award for charities that make an ‘outstanding contribution to improving health & well-being in the UK’.
Please watch our video made by The King’s Fund to learn more about us. Click here
“Yellow Door is a dynamic, innovative charity that is always looking at the needs of its community & evolving its services” — Director UK Charity Partnerships GSK.